Entities, Translators etc. and WSSF

Topics: General Discussion Forum
Feb 19, 2007 at 6:18 PM
Hello,
I had a couple of questions for the best practices while using WSSF. I am planning to integrate the Web Services created using WSSF with the Smart Client Software factory and seem to find myself running in circles.

1. I have a common set of business entities used both by the Client App and the WSSF. I realized that in order for the business entities project to work with WSSF and DAL Repositories, we need to have actual classes in the solution. An assembly reference doesn't work. I have a project called ABC.Common that has all the business entities and datatypes. Now I need to have ABC.Common present in all my Web Service projects (given I have multiple projects). If this was a Assembly reference it could've been simplified as any changes in ABC.Common could've been updated by just updating the Assembly reference. Is there a way I can get around this problem?

2. Also, the translators generated by WSSF are pretty different from the ones in SCSF. Does anyone have any comments on integrating these without having to duplicate the code? Any help would be appreciated!

Thank You
Anup