How to acquire the source code???

Topics: General Discussion Forum, Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Nov 3, 2009 at 7:34 PM

I am attempting to integrate the WSSF: WCF Security guidance package into my VS2008 Professional solution but I am not able to run the WCF security analysis feature. I understand that I need to recompile the guidance package against my local FxCop assemblies in order to utilize this feature (and I have successfully accomplished this for the Service Factory: Modeling Edition "WCF Semantic Code Analysis" feature). However, this requires access to the specific guidance package source code. Where can I obtain the source code for the WSSF: WCF Security guidance package?

Developer
Nov 3, 2009 at 9:03 PM

You can find it here for both VS2008 and VS2005 versions:
http://servicefactory.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=8814

However, if you only want to get the WCF Security Analysis rules, you only need to copy that assembly to the Rules folder (same as Semantic library) and your're done. No need for source code.

Nov 4, 2009 at 12:06 PM

I have already tried to download the source via the CodePlex website. When I browse the repository using Tortoise SVN I just see an empty folder. I get the same results using the CodePlex Client as well. Any other suggestions?

Developer
Nov 4, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Just install the "Web Service Security Guidance Package Source Feb 2008.msi" included in the download from the link above Web Service Security Guidance Package - Feb 2008 (VS2008).

Nov 4, 2009 at 1:08 PM

Thanks so much!!! I'm not sure how I missed that when I initially installed the software...