DataContract Diagram Intenal Changes

Topics: General Discussion Forum, July and December Releases Forum, Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Jul 28, 2009 at 10:47 AM

Hi All,

I am newbie to Web Service Factory , i have a doubt regarding the DataContract Diagrams that are generated by the Web Service Factory.

If i change any of the DataTypes in the DataContract then a lots of elements in the DataContract Diagram file are changed .

Following are some of these properties

1. <dataContractDiagram> element 'absoluteBounds'  attribute

2.<dataContractCompartmentShape> element 'absoluteBounds' attribute

3.<referenceConnector> element 'fixedFrom' and 'fixedTo' attributes.

I dont know what is the siginificance of these attributes and why are they changing .....i want to know the definition and significance of each and every element in the dataContractDiagram file .

Could you please let me know why are these changes happening and any documentation related links ..

Thanks in advance.

Developer
Aug 2, 2009 at 2:12 AM

Hi,

As you may have already noticed, this file reflects the changes in the layout of your model, in this case, this is basically the serialization of the Diagram class that is the logical representation of the diagram data (model layout) data.

You can find further info here and also if you want to manually update this file (not recommended unless there is a "custom" good reason) you can get an idea with this sample.

Aug 4, 2009 at 11:19 AM

Hi hernandelahitte,

Thank you for giving inputs for me. It really helped me a lot in understaning the concepts.

Thanks for the CodePlex support

Cheers,

Srinivas