How to create a HOST?

Topics: General Discussion Forum, Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
May 13, 2009 at 5:08 AM
Edited May 13, 2009 at 5:09 AM

I know am asking silly question.  But can you guys help me out on this..

I have created the wcf service using software factory modelling edition and it has all the folder structures as per the modelling edition.  But our build process has a predifined structure for deploying these wcf services and build process will not work if i don't have the same folder structure. Now i have changed all folder strucrures as per our build process.

As per our build process, i need to create a ASP.NET web site in a seperate folder say "Web" to host the WCF Service. I am not getting how to create .svc file under this host site. i don't want to use the host model to host the service in "Web" folder. Can anybody tell me how to create a svc and all others files under the newly created site "Web" which used be created under Tests/Host using host model.

Thanks

Developer
May 13, 2009 at 11:07 AM

Hi,

You can always create your service using the built in options in VS to create ASMX or WCF web services in case you don't want to use the host desinger. On the other hand, you may create you custom folder structure and create an empty service with VS options and then point your host designer to that host project for creating the svc/asmx and config settings aling with references to other projects.

Regards,

Hernan