WSSF for Visual Studio 2012 - Missing Item Templates

Topics: General Discussion Forum
Feb 14, 2014 at 12:37 PM
I have built the WSSF extension from code, and successfully installed it into VS2012.
I can open and edit existing Service and Data Contracts, everything looks fine so far.
However I now want to test adding a new Contract. I have both of the Add Contract shortcuts in the project but when I select one it cannot find the template and defaults to Class1.cls.

It would appear that the item templates are missing from the extension folder, project templates are present and it would appear that I can create a new project, but not the item templates.
I expected to see 3 templates one for DataContracts, one for ServiceContracts, and one for a HostDesigner.

I can see that in the xxxDSLPackage projects in the source appear to have the templates described but I do not know enough about the building of this project to ensure that these get built and distributed.
Feb 14, 2014 at 12:49 PM
I have found 3 extra vsix files in the installed WSSF folder under extensions, these contain the missing items but I can only install the Host.DslPackage.vsix and one of DataContracts.DSLPackage.vsix or ServiceContracts.DSLPackage.vsix. If I try to install all three then I get a message 'This extension is already installed to all applicable products.'

How do I get all three extensions installed.
Feb 14, 2014 at 1:44 PM
I think I have found it the Identity of the Data and Service Contract packages were the same in the vsixmanifest file.
I had a copy of the original WSSF on VS2010 and copied the correct ids from there. Then I rebuilt the WSSF package and reinstalled it.

Once I installed these extra vsix packages I was able to extract the ItemTemplate folders and copy them into the main package install location. Then I removed the extra vsix packages and restarted Visual Studio.

And I can now use the templates in Visual Studio 2012 as I did when I was on Visual Studio 2010.

Please can this be corrected in the current code.