Errors when validating my service contract

Dec 18, 2008 at 4:23 PM
Hi,

I am getting the following 2 errors when i validate my service contract prior to generating the code.

-    The element 'Type' has a reference to a Data Contract Model with no Implementation Technology or Project Mapping Table associated 
-   The Service Type is referencing a Service Contract Model with a different Implementation Technology

I have checked the properties on both my Data Contract model and service contract model and both have the Implementation Technology and Project Mapping table set correctly.

Can anyone please shed any light on this or suggest anywhere else that might be causing these errors.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as Ive just ran out of ideas barring starting the project from scratch, and i really don't want to do that!!!!!

Dec 18, 2008 at 6:28 PM
You have to right click on your solution and add either an ASMX implementation project or a WCF implementation project. Then your project drop down list will become populated.

Regards,
Nuz
Oct 23, 2009 at 11:02 AM

Hi,

I got the same pair of errors. My problem was that my service contract was referencing a datacontract that I deleted.

Nico 

Developer
Oct 26, 2009 at 12:20 PM

You can also check that your service contract is poiting to the right data contract with the same implementation values.

The scenario described by Nico might be quite common for these kind of errors.