Import/Reuse DataContracts

Topics: General Discussion Forum, July and December Releases Forum, Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Dec 8, 2008 at 6:46 PM
Is there anyway to import and/or reuse DataContract objects from on *.datacontract file to another?  For organizational and reuse purposes I would like to have common/base datacontract types houses in one file and other more complex datacontract types housed in their own files as well.

TIA
Dec 16, 2008 at 8:36 AM
Hi Dex,

no, there i no way in original WSSF to copy model element from one model designer surface to another one. But there is way to solve that. Behind of .datacontract file type is xml. All of the elements are notified in this xml schema. You can write a kind of your serialization/deserialization tool for this schema and store all of the elements somewhere in some warehouse (db or whatever).And when you want to add an element from one to another model, just call some UI editor and additionally serialize this model. That is one way.

My team has developed an integration tool that stores all of the data from WSSF models. Those data infirmations are stored in database. And we offer the possibility of adding (dragging) elements from one UI package editor (which shows all of the models and model elements) to the model surface.

Think about these solutions and you can implement something like that.

Regards,
Rastko