How “Create CRUD Stored Procedures” is supposed to work?

Topics: July and December Releases Forum
Jan 25, 2007 at 9:05 PM
I have a database and tables that have more than one foreign key. I was assuming that this CRUD receipt will create a stored procedure (select) for each FK in table but I found out that it generates only a one foreign key stored procedure containing all foreign keys of the table.

While trying to understand the generated code I found that there may be a way out by using a Data Access Layer generated Selection Factory.

But... (BIG but)

Am I supposed to get a stored procedure for each Foreign Key in table by this CRUD receipt? If so,should I create new issue and log the details?

Or

Do I only get one stored procedure per generated table and if more than one foreign key then I have to use Selection Factory in Business Logic Layer? If so, are there any samples?

Alexander
Jan 25, 2007 at 10:12 PM
OK, so far I could not find way to solve this and I am late.

So I created couple of additional stored procedures by using the CodeSmit 4.0 tool that auto generates these missing ones based on the foreign keys in the table.

Now, I am going to do some manual mapping by using receipt that creates data repository classes...

Anyhow, would like to know if how this is supposed to be working...

Alexander