Config naming: behavior, binding

Topics: Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Jan 25, 2007 at 8:44 AM
The name attribute of the generate config elements should be appended with the type of element. E.g. When applying "secure with Kerberos", it generates a behavior and a binding, both using the name "BrokeredAuthenticationKerberos". I would prefer that names used as references are unique, such as "BrokeredAuthenticationKerberosBehavior" and "BrokeredAuthenticationKerberosBinding".
Developer
Jan 26, 2007 at 9:43 PM
Sounds good. However, you may always change the "default" suggested values in the Advanced settings of the "Service Properties" page. You have the "Binding Name" and "Behavior Name" fields where you can change the default value to whatever you want.
Thanks for your feedback and we'll consider your suggestion for the next version.

Hernan
Jan 31, 2007 at 7:40 AM
>Advanced settings of the "Service Properties" page
I can seem to find these settings in any WSSF menu/wizard. Could you be more specific about where in WSSF this is ?
Developer
Jan 31, 2007 at 10:23 AM
Just select a client credential type (any menu option like "Secure a Service using ...") and the second page will be the "Service Properties" page that I mentioned. In order to get to this option, you should select a web project with a web.config file configured with at least one WCF service section in it and should have at least one client credential type enabled (all types are enabled by default). Let me know if I still not specific enough.

Hernan
Jan 31, 2007 at 10:50 AM
Thanks. I never looked closely at the "Advanced Settings" panel there, as it gives the impression that those settings are disabled for the chosen "secure" wizard. I would suggest that the panel's controlling checkbox text should not look disabled as it is quite misleading.
Developer
Jan 31, 2007 at 2:40 PM
Thanks for your suggestion.
I'll send it to issue tracker so we may analyze closer the usability implications if this scenario.

Hernan