Web Service Software Factory (Data Access) not enabled

Topics: July and December Releases Forum
Jan 23, 2007 at 11:54 AM
I installed the Web Service Software Factory December 2006 version on my PC. I also installed the Guidance Entensions. I observed, for visual studio that Web Service Software Factory (Data Access) guidance package was not enabled by default. I tried to enable it but got the following error.

Message: Cannot Load package Web Service Software Factory (Data Access)

Details:

System.TypeLoadException: Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Library.Actions.CreateUnboundReferenceAction, Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Library ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Couldn't find assembly Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Library.

at Microsoft.Practices.Common.Services.TypeResolutionService.GetAssembly(AssemblyName assemblyName, Boolean throwOnError)

at Microsoft.Practices.Common.Services.TypeResolutionService.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.Practices.Common.Services.TypeResolutionService.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)

at Microsoft.Practices.Common.Services.AliasResolutionService.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)

at Microsoft.Practices.Common.Services.TypeResolutionService.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError)

at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.GetInstanceT(ITypeResolutionService resolution, String concreteType)

at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.LoadActionsFromConfiguration(ITypeResolutionService resolution)

at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.ExecuteActions(IDictionaryService readOnlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, ITypeResolutionService resolution)

at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Execute(Boolean allowSuspend)

at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(String recipe, IAssetReference reference, IDictionary arguments)

at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.RecipeManager.Add(IComponent component, String name)

at System.ComponentModel.Container.Add(IComponent component)

at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.RecipeManager.EnablePackage(XmlReader configuration)

at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.RecipeManager.EnablePackage(String packageName)

at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.PackageManagement.EnableDisablePackages.OnOkClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Can you please tell me whats going wrong.

Coordinator
Jan 23, 2007 at 7:05 PM
I've just posted this to the known issues document here: http://www.codeplex.com/servicefactory/Wiki/View.aspx?title=KnownIssues#DataAccessGuidancePackageIssues

It's the first item under Data Access Guidance Package issues. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but at least the resolution is VERY easy to accomplish.

Thanks,
Don
Jan 24, 2007 at 4:40 AM
Thank you very much for the specifying the resolution. However, i noted one more thing.When we are creating a new solution from the factory, the Host Project is coming under Service Interface instead of the Testing folder. Is it supposed to be like this.

Regards,
Hameer Saleem
Coordinator
Jan 24, 2007 at 4:18 PM
Ah, you have a good eye :)

Yes, this is intentional. With an ASMX service, there is only one possible host: IIS. So for an ASMX service, we don't consider the Cassini-type host part of a "test" scenario. However, WCF services have a number of options when it comes to hosting the service. Therefore, we're just providing the Cassini-type host a container to be used for testing. We understand the host is a deployment decision that is out of scope for Service Factory. Does that make sense?

Don
Jan 25, 2007 at 4:04 AM
Thank you Don.

It perfectly does.

Regards,
Hameer Saleem