Creating Your Version of the Service Factory (Extensibility Hands-on Lab)

Topics: General Discussion Forum, Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Oct 16, 2008 at 9:38 AM
Hello guys,
I recently downloaded the hands-on lab for extending the service factory from codeplex, i was having a problem while trying to compile the exercise 2 solution, the compilation errors are as below:

The command "
      if not exist "C:\Documents and Settings\chlow\Desktop\Extending-HOL Source\Exercise2\Begin\Extenders\ServiceFactory.Extenders.DataContract.Asmx\Source\..\..\..\Service Factory Guidance Package\Guidance Package\bin\Debug\Lib\" mkdir "C:\Documents and Settings\chlow\Desktop\Extending-HOL Source\Exercise2\Begin\Extenders\ServiceFactory.Extenders.DataContract.Asmx\Source\..\..\..\Service Factory Guidance Package\Guidance Package\bin\Debug\Lib\"
      copy /y/v/b "C:\Documents and Settings\chlow\Desktop\Extending-HOL Source\Exercise2\Begin\Extenders\ServiceFactory.Extenders.DataContract.Asmx\Source\bin\Debug\Microsoft.Practices.ServiceFactory.Extenders.DataContract.Asmx.dll" "C:\Documents and Settings\chlow\Desktop\Extending-HOL Source\Exercise2\Begin\Extenders\ServiceFactory.Extenders.DataContract.Asmx\Source\..\..\..\Service Factory Guidance Package\Guidance Package\bin\Debug\Lib\"
    " exited with code 1.    Microsoft.Practices.ServiceFactory.Extenders.DataContract.Asmx

I do not know what is going on and run out of idea in troubleshooting this, any idea on what error is this all about. Your help would be pretty much appreciated. Thanks alot :)
Coordinator
Nov 11, 2008 at 6:26 PM
You are likely running into the MAX_PATH issue. Try moving everything to the C: drive instead of your desktop. You can learn more about this issue on the known issues page. Good luck.

Don