Properties Pages and Icons

Topics: Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Aug 8, 2008 at 2:06 PM
Is the Model Project meant to have a project Properties page? When I right-click it in Solution Explorer, there isn't even a Properties command.

Also, it's got a very odd icon, and the icons for the models are missing.

Finally, there seems to be a problem with the model properties:

Is this the way it's meant to be, or did I mess something up?
Aug 8, 2008 at 4:15 PM
Hi, the images and descriptions you sent seem to be in line with the definition of these solution nodes. If you look at the ModelProject project in the WSSF solution, you will find the classes ModelNode and ModelProjectNode. These classes inherit from FileNode and ProjectNode respectively and override the CreatePropertiesObject method, which is the one that VS invokes to fill the properties grid. The returning object is then reflected to determine which properties should be shown -BrowsableAttribute-, if they can be modified -ReadOnlyAttribute-, how they should be modified -EditorAttribute- and so on. You can modify these classes to expose new properties if you want.

Regards

Aug 8, 2008 at 5:57 PM
Thanks, I'll do that.

Can you point me to the area of the VSX documentation that tells about full pages for the File->Properties command on the project node? I'm sure it's easy to find, but even easier to find if I ask someone who already knows.

I have some properties I gather during solution creation that I'd like users to be able to change in project Properties.

Thanks for all your help.
John