FaultContract Assembly Dependency Not Detected

Topics: General Discussion Forum, Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Jul 30, 2008 at 3:34 PM
When I build an installer for my servicefactory project, and assembly dependencies are detected correctly, except for the FaultContract assembly. This has happened for two solutions now.

Any idea what could be the cause?

Thanks

Johan
Jul 31, 2008 at 2:57 PM
Hi Johan, your problem can be related a known issue: If you use DataContracts as data members for FaultContracts, the code generation project for the latter misses the reference to the DataContracts assembly. In that case the Fault Contracts project should fail building. Further details and fix on this post: http://www.codeplex.com/servicefactory/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=29740

Thanks
Aug 1, 2008 at 10:57 AM
Hi Diego. Thanks for the reply.

I don't believe the issues are related. The code builds fine. The problem is that I have to manually add the primary output of the FaultContract project in the installer project. It is not added as a dependency automatically.

I also found a problem when working with a test project. All the dependency DLLs are copied to the bin\Debug folder of the test project, but not the FaultContract.dll file. The dependency on the FaultContract project is marked "Copy Local" whereever it is referenced.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Johan