Problem creating Custom Service Factory

Topics: Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Jul 23, 2008 at 6:44 AM
Edited Jul 23, 2008 at 12:50 PM
Hi,
    I customized the Service Factory, making it to generate VB.Net code. I followed the steps given in Extending HOL of Service Factory to create a Custom Installer.
 It all gone well but setup sucessfully created and Install but when I created a solution using Custom Service Factory during time of its unfold it threw an Error
which says
" Exception occurs during binding of reference or execution of recipe CreateWCFService. Error was: The following arguments are required and dont have values:DataContractsproject. Can't continue execution  ...."

Kindly help...
Jul 23, 2008 at 2:56 PM
Hi,
Can anyone help me on this problem. Its very urgent...,
Developer
Jul 23, 2008 at 3:50 PM
Edited Jul 23, 2008 at 3:53 PM
Hi AnmolArya, I'm currently trying to reproduce your scenario. At this point I can tell you that the error is pointing to the argument DataContractsProject, which is resolved using the provider located in Service Factory Guidance Package > Value Providers > ProjectByPathExpressionProvider. My first thought is that this provider fails if the path expression set in the recipe cannot be resolved or if the root project name is null.

You can try debugging the factory code by attaching to the VS instance in which you are receving the error. You can do this by openning the Service Factory Guidance Package solution, go to the Debug menu, then Attach to Process and look for the devenv.exe process that is running the solution you are using to run the test. Put a breakpoint in the GetValue method of the ProjectByPathExpressionProvider class to inspect what is actually going on. Note that this provider is used for many other arguments in the same recipe, but only with different path expressions; you will have to look at the one that belongs to the DataContractsProject, which should be: "Source\Service Interface\$(DataContractProjectName)". 

The details for this argument can be found on the file Service Factory Guidance Package > Recipes > CreateWCFService > CreateWCFService.xml , under the Arguments tag:

<

Argument Name="DataContractsProject" Type="EnvDTE.Project, EnvDTE, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a">
    <
Converter Type="ProjectConverter" />
    <
ValueProvider     Type="ProjectByPathExpressionProvider"PathExpression="Source\ServiceInterface\$(DataContractProjectName)"  Stage="OnBeforeActions">
    </
ValueProvider>
</
Argument>

Let me know if you were able to find which is the value that is failing. Meanwhile I'll keep researching the possible reasons for either of those scenarios.

Thanks

Jul 23, 2008 at 4:59 PM
Edited Jul 24, 2008 at 3:49 AM

Hi charlyfriend,

Thanks a lot for replying on this. I want to add something that it is working fine under Experimental Hive but is throwing this error when I install the setup from “C:\Projects\WssfSrc\Service Factory Guidance Package\Setup\bin\Release\ServiceFactoryV3.msi” which is generated after giving PLK keys and rebuilding. It

So I think there must be some problem with making setup files.

I am attaching following keys which I generated from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vsx/cc655795.aspx site .

// DataContractDslPackage

Package Load Key (PLK) Q3D8DQMIQ9KRDZDIMDD1QIDHK1E3IIKE

A1CDPAI3Z1CHZQM8M2MPQTA9RKEK

P9H1PHA1AMJ2HARMC8M8MEHPQCE8

MKA8CRDAADCHEJHMQAHTRDAKEMP3

RIAAJQPQPEEQ

Company Name FCIPL

Package Name DataContractDslPackage

Package GUID 1a168a56-ee16-4520-a071-3431a82d3e1f

PLK Version 3.1

Min. Visual Studio Version Visual Studio 2008

Minimum Product Edition Standard

// ServiceContractDslPackage

Package Load Key (PLK) DPA1JKQ0QMKCJCK0ADH2D8IJQHCRPHZ3

AEREI0KMQEAJRDP3D8JQE2R9ECAR

DEEIHPI2DMPRK2AKMAQ0A0DAK2QQ

ZJDJD9CERTJ9RTCZI9QTC0D3J9ZK

K3IPC2DJC2DJ

Company Name FCIPL

Package Name  ServiceContractDslPackage

Package GUID 43805256-e844-436e-8835-035cc972a441

PLK Version 3.1

// HostDesignerDslPackage

Package Load Key (PLK) ZCMICPI3H3AHD0EDQICTC8M8DPPPDQKC

D3ZJRJEMMTCKAREKRRZKPCJJPHE2

A1I1ZJZ3PQQTP0QPIJQ9PCRMEKJ3

MPPAZJJ8HCH9RJA9Q0DEMQQ3ZCQM

JQJEQPDTE2H8

Company Name FCIPL

Package Name HostDesignerDslPackage

Package GUID 433e3a20-4740-4938-8c81-adf28d430188

PLK Version 3.1

// ModelProjectPackage

Package Load Key (PLK) RDEIKTCZMRIZAIDREZCJHHE3RQK1KRZM

R2RTZIDQK3P0KTM3Z3H0QJD2ZDEH

Z3R1K1E8DZP0KDEMQ1JMDQD8KMCI

R1M2I0J0QKDDZPRAIMI0RAR8K1HJ

EZI9KDR1A1JJ

Company Name FCIPL

Package Name ModelProjectPackage

Package GUID 3a053d37-49a0-4713-a3c4-6161158fb0c4

PLK Version 3.1

Jul 23, 2008 at 5:42 PM
 Am I doing any thing wrong while creating its Custom Version. I have followed the process given in "Common Steps" of "Extending HOL". Kindly guide me on the same
Developer
Jul 23, 2008 at 6:50 PM
I may have missunderstood your problem. Can you please take a look at this post and verify that you have correctly generated the wxs for the Dsl registration?

Thanks
Jul 24, 2008 at 6:07 AM

Hi CharlyFriend,

I have seen that article and seems this may be the cause of my problem too. I have followed 3 steps you provided and like [Klavs] faced the same issue on 3 step that the DataContractRegistry.wxs doesn't reflect the new PLK key entered.
Can you tell me any workaround like which are of values in .wsx file should be replaced by new PLK value.
or any other solution if you have, 

Fiend, I dont have time to do R&D stuff ....... :(

Regards