Service Factory Guidance Package missing

Topics: General Discussion Forum, Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
May 22, 2008 at 11:55 AM
I'm probably missing something obvious here but I'm looking at the extensibility HOL so I've uninstalled the Model edition I had and installed the source. Now, when I go to create a new solution, I can't find the Service Factory Model Edition under guidance packages. It does exist in the hive following Exercise 2 of the HOL so how can I get this package back in my main VS2008 application?

Thanks
Developer
May 22, 2008 at 1:35 PM
The source installation always register the GP in the Experimental hive. Your main app is likely to be loaded within the regular hive so that's may be the reason why you can't find the GP. Waht you can do is either re install the binary version that will register the GP in the regular hive or something faster may be loading your main app in the experimental hive.
May 22, 2008 at 3:53 PM
I've reinstalled that so my regular hive now has the GP back. Thanks.

I'm not seeing how the changes I've made to the GP such as the HOL modifications will end up being accessible to other developers in the regular VS2008? Are you saying that they have to have VS2008 SDK installed if they want to use a modified GP?
Developer
May 22, 2008 at 5:18 PM
No. You may need to build the msi with "Release" mode and follow the rest of the steps described in the documentation regarding external dependencies.
May 23, 2008 at 9:19 AM
I see. I'm early days in the HOL and perhaps getting a bit ahead of myself.

Thanks