IsWrapped property missing?

Topics: General Discussion Forum, Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Aug 30, 2011 at 8:32 PM

I've just installed WSSF2010-08-27-update.vsix and am trying to work through the hands-on lab. Everything is fine until step 8 of Exercise 4, which tells you to click on the DemandRequest message shape and set the IsWrapped property to true. Well, when I click on that shape, there are NO properties shown in the Properties window, so I cannot set IsWrapped = true, which is of course required in order to successfully validate.

Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? I'm running VS2010 Ultimate with a bunch of extensions ...

al

Aug 31, 2011 at 4:16 PM

Hi Al,

When you say NO properties, you mean that the IsWrapped property is not visible or there is no property at all?

If the former, verify that you had set the the technology protery at the model level to "WCF..." and not to "ASMX...".

Thanks,

Hernan

Aug 31, 2011 at 6:30 PM
Edited Aug 31, 2011 at 6:31 PM

Hi Hernan. I checked and the 'MaterialMgmt.servicecontract' setting for implementation technology is WCF. One thing that may be the problem is that the target framework for the project BlueYonderAirlines.Model is .Net Framework 4. Should it be one of the others:

.NET Framework 3.5

.NET Framework 4 Platform Update 1 (KB2478063)

I also have a .NET 3.5 Client Profile, and two .NET Framework 4 Client Profile targets.

Very confusing ... Having said that, I DO want to target WCF 4 and .NET 4 ....

al

Sep 1, 2011 at 4:59 PM

Al,

This problem should not be related to the Fwk version/profile. If you don;t see any property when you click at the Message shape, it looks like there's somthing wrong with the installation of the factory. Do you have the "missing properties" problem on any other shape of that model or another model?

Hernan

Sep 1, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Hi Hernan. There are properties visible on other shapes, but not many. A couple of interesting things to note:

1. if I close the solution and reopen it, I get a slew (ok, 7) errors stating" Unable to find assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.ServiceFactory.Extenders.ServiceContract.Wcf, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. I suspect this may have something to do with the problems I'm having. Note that I don't see these errors when I first start the HOL and create the project from scratch -- seems happy at that point. Also, I notice that the icons for 'CommonTypes.datacontract' and 'MaterialMgmt.servicecontract' are the standard 'missing icon'.

2. In the tutorial, when it states that after choosing the WCF implementation technology that I should see a lot more properties for various shapes -- not true ...

Any thoughts? I'm going to uninstall the web service software factory 2010 and the other 3 related extensions, then re-install ... but I know I've already done this once, but I'll try again.

BTW I'm on Windows XP SP3, if that has any bearing ...

thanks for the help

al

Sep 2, 2011 at 1:29 PM

The error in #1 explains why you are not getting the IsWrapped property because this extension is the one that add the property. Notice that this assembly should be located in the /Lib subfolder under the Bin execution directory. If you are using the binary installation, looks a bit strange the missing public key token in... PublicKeyToken=null. You can open that assembly "'Microsoft.Practices.ServiceFactory.Extenders.ServiceContract.Wcf.dll" and check if it is signed or not.

Thanks,

Hernan