WSSF Modeling edition problem

Topics: Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
May 2, 2008 at 12:35 AM
Hi all,
I'm using the modeling edition of the WSSF. I ran a tool witch override enterprise library dlls on the visual studio. I now get many errors in the tool
Error 4 System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Validation.Validator Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Validation.ValidationFactory.CreateValidatorFromConfiguration(System.Type, System.String, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Configuration.IConfigurationSource)'.
at Microsoft.Practices.Modeling.CodeGeneration.ValidationEngine.DoValidate(IConfigurationSource config, ModelElement element, ValidationContext context, String ruleSet)
at Microsoft.Practices.Modeling.CodeGeneration.ValidationEngine.Validate(ValidationElementState state, ValidationContext context, ModelElement currentElement, String ruleSet)
May 2, 2008 at 11:02 AM
It appears your tool changed the location of the Validation dll and now WSSF cannnot find this dll. I would suggest to re install WSSF in order to refresh this location and that should solve the problem. I cannot say what will happend to your tool regarding EntLib location libs.
May 2, 2008 at 8:29 PM

charlyfriend wrote:
It appears your tool changed the location of the Validation dll and now WSSF cannnot find this dll. I would suggest to re install WSSF in order to refresh this location and that should solve the problem. I cannot say what will happend to your tool regarding EntLib location libs.

Doesn't help.
Where does the tool expect the dll to be.
May 2, 2008 at 9:09 PM
They should be in "Lib" folder at the root installation folder along with the rest of the DSL and external libraries.
Did you try reinstalling WSSF?
May 5, 2008 at 6:38 AM
I reinstalled the WSSF, and this doesn't help. also I looked at the lib libraray, the enterprise dlls are there validation...
Thanks...
May 6, 2008 at 5:56 PM
Try looking for a registry entry that EntLib uses to locate its binaries and check where it point to.
The entry is:
HKLM\Sofware\Microsoft\Enterprise Library\v3xx and the path location.