New Install - Nothing seems to work as expected

Topics: Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Apr 11, 2008 at 8:42 PM
I've even managed to uninstall everything and re-install everything and it looks like it should work, but it doesn't really. No install errors, no warnings.

I'm especially interested in the (DSL) designers for WCF. The WildBlueYonder example seems to be a solution with generated code in it, but no source files that the code was generated from. Also, the documentation mentioned on-line isn't in there. It's nothing but source code for a soution. I couldn't unzip one of the files in it - there is an error. Also, the name of the install file I downloaded was so long that if you try to build the project and you unzipped it much deeper than the root of a drive, it doesn't work because the paths are too long. I managed to get it open and built and to run the client, but I'm not sure what it's supposed to do. None of the recipies were enabled in the entire solution, so I couldn't really work with it.

I finally gave up on the example and created a new "Model Project". It closed the solution I had open to try things out in and created a new one - not really what I wanted, but OK for now. I managed to add a new data contract model to the project and get the designer to work, however, there is no way to generate code. The guidance package recipe doesn't recognize it as a "Model Project".

I'm trying to create a simple "ping" service - a data contract with 1 string defined and a service contract with 1 method that returns a string. How hard could it be?So far, it's CONSIDERABLY harder than coding in NotePad.

Can anybody tell me why it doesn't think my newly created Model Project is a Model Project?

Thanks,
Mike