Unable to add ASMX or WCF Implementation Projects, or Generate Code (VS2008 - Binary - Feb 2008)

Topics: Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Mar 28, 2008 at 3:17 PM
Hello there.

I have 4 machines with the Web Service Software Factory Feb 2008 (Binary) installed. 3 machines are Vista, 1 machine is XP. All machines are using Visual Studio 2008.

One of the Vista machines and the XP machine function correctly. However, 2 of the Vista machines only half-work.

All machines allow you to design and use Service Factory solutions. You can create service contracts and data contracts no problem.

The options to add ASMX or WCF Implementation projects are missing on the 2 faulty machines (both Vista). Also, if you browse manually to add a new project, you cannot see "Guidance Packages\Service Factory:Modelling Edition".

If I use one of the machines where I can add an Implementation project, and go back to one of the malfunctioning machines, the "Generate Code" option is also missing.

I have reinstalled the service factory a few times now, running devenv /setup etc., but nothing seems to help.

Anyone know what is going on here?

Kindest regards,
Mark.

Mar 28, 2008 at 3:32 PM
It is always the same. The instant I post something into the forums I work out the solution myself.

In Visual Studio 2008, I had to select "Tools" from the main menu and select "Guidance Package Manager". I then had to enable the Web Service Software Factory in there.

I don't know why the faulty machines defaulted to have this off rather than on. Nevermind, all is working and I am a happy bunny again.

Thanks,
Mark.
Feb 17, 2009 at 6:56 PM
THANK YOU for this post.  This was driving me INSANE!!!