regarding database access of WSSF:Model Edition

Topics: General Discussion Forum, Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Mar 11, 2008 at 8:50 AM
Hi, seems like WSSF model edition removed the database access factory (a.k.a "Repository Factory") which was used on WSSF1.1. and WCSF 1.1. i am confused cos i am familiar with the ADO.net 2.0 database connectivity of repository factory. I wan to try using WSSF model Edition on my new project and its seems removes the repository factory. am i right to say, Model edition was designed for LINQ? i tried to download the repository facotry from the codeplex and install on my pc. however, the context menu wont show any repository factory on the solution explorer, except "Service Factory: model Edition", which was built into VC2005 by model edition. i tried reinstalling the GAX and GAT of June 2007 release and seems it wont help. so am i right to say, if u wan to use WSSF: model edition, the GAX will not be able to generate code for u in VS 2005 for the repository factory? or just my settings are wrong and led to this situation. Hope someone who encountered this issue b4 and able to fix this problem give me some guidance. Thanks

regards,
Martin
Mar 11, 2008 at 9:18 AM
haha i found the root of this issue @ http://davidhayden.com/blog/dave/archive/2007/07/04/EnableDataAccessGuidancePackageWebClientSoftwareFactory.aspx
seems like i forgot to goto tools->guidance package Manager to enable my guidance package for repository factory :P, after that it works~

Cheers,
Martin