WSSF migration from VS2005 to the VS2008

Topics: Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Mar 5, 2008 at 9:58 AM
My team have customized WSSF:ME for VS2005 and now we want to migrate it to the new WSSF:ME for VS2008 .

Now, i'am interesting in following : How comprehensive changes were made from the VS2005 version ? I know that there are assurely changes on VSPackages and tt templates that are made from DSL templates which comes with new SDK. We have made changes on these and ok i know that and it will be refactored. But otherwise are there any other structural changes. I am asking all of these because of following realization possibility - easy way copy paste migration.

Regards,

R
Developer
Mar 5, 2008 at 11:10 AM
Regarding WSSF:ME for VS2005, the changes where basically fixes and reference updated to VS2008 along with some new recipe like the Order parts in DC model for WCF technology. Other than that, the rest is the same for both versions.
On the other hand if you are referring to WSSF v2 (also for 2005) the changes are quite important basically because of the new modeling way of designing and generating code. This is described in the documentation of WSSF:ME.
Mar 5, 2008 at 11:29 AM
Yes, we have been worked on WSSF:ME for VS2005. Great to hear that there are not huge changes.

Regards