about WSSF ME

Topics: General Discussion Forum, Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Feb 19, 2008 at 8:30 AM
when it generates the code, it always have an error message :" project template wizard A problem was encountered creating the sub project '$safeprojectname$.BUsinessEntities'. The specified path, filename or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.

isit some bug or i misssed installed something?, i using vs 2005 Team edition for software developer, installed WSSF ME, + GAE. please help.

regards,
martin
Feb 19, 2008 at 8:37 AM
haha i found the reason cos i save the proj under my document folder...save it C:\will fix this bug....can someone improve this WSSF...very stupid of not letting ppl save the proj in my document folder. :P
Developer
Feb 19, 2008 at 12:45 PM
I know that path issue is quite annoying but is a "limitation" of windows file system so shortening the path is the known solution documented in the Known Issues section.
Feb 21, 2008 at 2:36 AM
Do you have some suggestion if we want to remove the limitation through modification of the source code since we need to place the fully qualified namespace in the project name?
Developer
Feb 21, 2008 at 2:39 PM
This is not a limitation of WSSF but a Windows issue with long paths. You can still generate code and projects with the full ns but you may need to set your root folder with a short path like "C:\MyRoot".
Mar 26, 2010 at 3:05 PM

I am using Windows 7, VS 2008, version 9.0.30729 SP and am encountering this problem.  I  even installed in my root directory and the problem still persists even though the path names trying to be created are nowhere close to the identified 248 limitation.

Specifcs are, in Exercise 5 of the Lab I try the "Add WCF Implementation Projects and I get this error 9 times:

"A problem was encountered creating hte sub project ..., The specified path, file name, or both are too long..."

I then get a "Recipe Framework Error":

Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.RecipeExecutionException: An exception occurred during the binding of reference or execution of recipe CreateWCFService. Error was: The following arguments are required and don't have values: DataAccessProject, BusinessEntitiesProject, BusinessLogicProject, ServiceImplementationProject, ServiceContractsProject, MessageContractsProject, FaultContractsProject, DataContractsProject. Can't continue execution..

Then a "...project creation failed.

Any help or insight is greatly apreciated.

Eric

Developer
Mar 27, 2010 at 12:31 AM

HI,

This is the same scenario as in thread http://servicefactory.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=17678.

Regards,

Hernan