Update WSSF 2010

Topics: General Discussion Forum, July and December Releases Forum, Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
May 12, 2010 at 2:08 PM
Edited May 12, 2010 at 2:10 PM

Hi ALL,

I have modified WSSF 2008 as per my requirements and it was working fine. Now I would like incorporate all changes in WSSF 2010.

Can anybody please help me to take necessary steps to do. As I know Microsoft release WSSF 2010 Release Candidate Only. It does not have installation projects. When can I get WSSF 2010 full version in replicate all my changes. 

Thanks in advance. Help is appreciate.

Regards,

Sree Kiran Nageli

Developer
May 14, 2010 at 5:39 PM

Hi,

It should be out any time soon. If you are very time constrained then you can go and do the upgrade to RC and when the release comes out, you may simply compare the changes from both source versions and just update them on your custom version. That will be the fasted was to do it. As a side note, you may not expect much changes between current and final.

Thanks,

Hernan

May 18, 2010 at 11:01 AM

Hi Hernan,

Thank you very much for providing valuable installation. I have taken Release Candidate version from the CodePlex site, but I did not find GuidencePackageSetup project in that. I am not able to test the code actually. I have incorporated all changes with the current version, but not able to test. Could you please help me to create setup. I am very much new to creating WIX kind of setup.

Thank you very much for support

Regards,

Sree Kiran Nageli

Developer
May 20, 2010 at 9:56 PM

Hi Sree,

The 2010 version now use the vsix extension as an installer so there's no more msi or setup project. THis time you will get a vsix file in your main guidance package project and that will be your installer. Notice that you can also update the vsix manifest inclued in the main GP project and add/change the content of your vsix package.

You can find further info searching for VS2010 extensions vsix.

Regards,

Hernan