Enabling 2010 Package

Topics: Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Apr 28, 2010 at 9:36 AM

I have installed the GAT and GAX and they appear in the Extensions Manager but after installing the WebServiceSoftwareFactory2010-Debug.vsix package it doesn't appear there. If I try to reinstall it says "this extension is already installed to all applicable products". Is there anywhere else I need to enable the package?

Apr 28, 2010 at 11:03 AM

HI,

Are you running the source version? If so, when you eun in debug mode it will register the extension and run in experimental instance.

Otherwise installing the binary version should show up in Extension Manager along with the three model extensions.

Notice that if you double click the vsix file will try to install in the main VS instance.

Apr 28, 2010 at 11:35 AM

I had downloaded the source compiled it and installed and that showed in the experimental version which I have now uninstalled. 

Now using the compiled binary it still doesn't show and double clicking it gives me the same  "this extension is already installed to all applicable products" message.

Is it possible to uninstall a package if it doesn't show in the extensions manager?

Apr 28, 2010 at 1:56 PM

Did you uninstall the 4 extensions? (Main WSSF + DC+SC+Host).

The best way to uninstall from Experimental instance is to run the "Reset the experimentl instance.." cmd which is located under "Start Menu\All Programs\Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SDK\Tools" option.