Using this

Topics: Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Dec 17, 2007 at 7:59 PM
Well I thought, here is a good new tool for something I had just finished writing using a standard Web Service ASMX project. I had implemented MSMQ with local windows services to pick up messages and draw data from my database. I have a windows service on a remote machine making calls to it. It all works well.

I went through the entire how to: and got it all compiled. I believe it is a far cry better than the Web Service Software Factory I had reviewed before.

One question. How do you access the thing? I was a bit disheartened to see after all of this. The quick lil quip about implemnting the client is beyond the scope of the Factory. Well yes it is and I suppose I should just spend the next day and a half trying to figure out how to make it pop up a response. But I won't

It's not that I am lazy. I wanted to show this to my boss and have give me the go ahead and develop further. If anyone can give m a quick lil routine to access thes, I'd really appreciate it.

Developer
Dec 17, 2007 at 8:38 PM
You can add this code to the MainForm.cs file assiming that your proxy class was named as "MaterialMgmtProxy.PartsMgmtServiceContractClient";

MaterialMgmtProxy.PartsMgmtServiceContractClient proxy = new MaterialMgmtProxy.PartsMgmtServiceContractClient();
MaterialMgmtProxy.DemandRequest request = new MaterialMgmtProxy.DemandRequest();

// Uncomment these lines for any Direct Authentication pattern 
//proxy.ClientCredentials.UserName.UserName = "[some user name]";
//proxy.ClientCredentials.UserName.Password = "[some password]";

// Uncomment these lines for Kerberos authentication
//proxy.ClientCredentials.Windows.ClientCredential.UserName = "[some windows account, may be of the form, user@domain]";
//proxy.ClientCredentials.Windows.ClientCredential.Password = "[some password]";

MaterialMgmtProxy.PartLevel part = proxy.GetRequirementDemand(request);
proxy.Close();
ResultsGrid grid = new ResultsGrid(part);
grid.Show(this);
Dec 17, 2007 at 8:49 PM
Perfect. I was all around that code.

I got the grid with the proper columns.

However the grid shows

System.Runtime.Serialization.ExtensionDataObject.

Developer
Dec 18, 2007 at 10:38 AM
You can take a look at this Data Contract Versioning link that describes the versioning scenario related to the ExtensionDataObject,