Parallel customization factories development

Topics: Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Nov 28, 2007 at 7:58 AM
Hi,
My team started with customization of latest (model edition) Service Factory. Now, we would like to start another one (parallel) customization, there will be two of guidance packages with different customization functionalities. Problem is registration of these packages. Last one registration (registration of last one package) will be in fact the only one beside of two project types that are described in project panel. I got that the problem is in GUID and registry keys and then i tried with new project GUID but that is not the only one..
What keys i have to change or i am going wrong? What i have to do ?

Best regards,
Rastko
Nov 28, 2007 at 3:33 PM
This extensibility scenario is likely to be included in the upcoming Extensibility Hands-on lab to be published in this site any time soon. If you want to experiment with this, I suggest to follow the documentation that come along with the source code installation. In particular there is a note that heads up about having more than one registered package on the same box.

"Note: To prevent corrupting your Visual Studio installation, you should not install or build the Service Factory more than once on a machine. Therefore, if you intend to install the source and build it, you must uninstall the binary or custom versions first."
Nov 29, 2007 at 7:24 AM
Thank you,

it's great because this topic is included in the upcoming Extensibility Hands-on lab

Regards,
Rastko