Will Service Factory for VS 2008 be Professional compatible?

Nov 22, 2007 at 8:36 AM
Hi there,

I'm aware of the confusion about whether the current service factory (v3) works with VS 2005 professional- it says its not supported on the MSDN pages but it actually is fine.

However, as someone who's looking to upgrade from V2 of the service factory to V3 if possible, and also to move to VS 2008 as soon as we can, I'm looking to the (projected) February 2008 release of a Visual Studio 2008-compatible service factory.

My question is- will this version be VS 2008 Professional compatible? It'd be great if so.

Rich
Nov 27, 2007 at 8:52 AM
Hi there,

Sorry to ask again, but does anyone know if the Visual Studio 2008 compatible release will work with VS 2008 Professional? It will be the difference between us using the service factory and not.

Rich
Nov 27, 2007 at 11:45 AM
The current version for 2005 works with Professional as stated in the MSDN launching page, http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb931187.aspx in section, "System Requirements" list, "Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 (Visual Studio Professional Edition or Visual Studio Team Suite)".
According to this, I don't see any reason to expect something different for the compatibility edition for VS 2008.
Perhaps Don can add something more solid here, but this is just my guess considering the current version.