VB July 2006 Release

Topics: July and December Releases Forum
Aug 17, 2007 at 10:14 PM
Well I'm working with the HOL of the ASMX services with two things in mind.

1. Give support for VB users that would like to have the ASMX HOL in VB .Net
2. Learn how this factory works and implement it in my current job.

I hope I can get some help on this one...

I'm on exercise 6 and when I create the service contract translator, I see that the namespace used there is: "Translators", but in the Completed exercise of CS the Namespace is: "Coho.ClubServices.Membership.ServiceImplementation.Translators", so I tried to change the namespace to the latter, but I get like 4 exceptions about the namespace used, and I have to do it all over again... So, i kept the suggested name (the first one) and then I get no errors...

My question is...

Was it on purpose that you left "Translators" as the namespace or there is something I did wrong?

Hope I get some answers about this :(
Developer
Aug 20, 2007 at 2:51 AM
The actual namespace should be the one used in the Completed exercise. The short form is certainly a way to avoid such long references and in that case, you may create the translator classes under the long namespace and then refer them with an alias like "Translators" where the using statement in the service class will be something like:

using Translators = Coho.ClubServices.Membership.ServiceImplementation.Translators;
So you may use directly the sample referenced in the document and generate the translators classes with the long namespace as in the Completed example.

Hope this help,
Henan