Binaries v3b117 doesn't work

Aug 16, 2007 at 9:04 PM
I installed all the prerequisites but when I open the Guidance Packages options, the only one appears is Service, and it's nothing like the demo... I wanted to make a Web Service for VB, installed December 2006 release and it didn't contained the VB recipes... Does that mean that the December version has only CS? Do I have to install each version in order? I thought that the second release had all the recipes in one... :S
Aug 17, 2007 at 5:49 AM
Hi KaCeX, is it possible that you're mixing up things? The December release of the Web Service Software Factory is what we call a v2 release. The drop 117 release represents a pre-release of a complete new factory based on DSLs. I have been using the drop 117 installers, so I know for sure that these installers work like a charm. However, as far as I know, v3 does not support VB.NET. And v2 did only support VB.NET with its July 2006 release.
Aug 17, 2007 at 1:40 PM
I know that the v2 release is supposed to have the support from the previous release, but it doesn't...

My question is: do you have to install them in any order to have them both?

I was guessing that if I installed the v3 release I would have all the recipes and guidance packages, but instead I just had a Guidance Package called Service with no icon nor ASMX services or WCF... and looked nothing like the demo...

I read the Installing guide, but it didn't help me either, because I met the prerequisites and I have all the necessary things to install the binaries but yet I don't seem to have the options that appear in the demo.... :(
Aug 17, 2007 at 2:40 PM
Edited Aug 17, 2007 at 2:52 PM
Well definitely, the v2 release doesn't have the Guidance package or recipes to create the VB ASMX Web Service...

I guess I must install the v1 to work with that...

It would be great to have them all in one package :( I mean just try them out both to see the differences and what I really wanted to know if the VB supported the suggested next steps like the demo showed and if the guidance was up to date because it says July 2006... :'(