VS crashes when I try to expose a service (not the known issue)

Topics: July and December Releases Forum
Aug 7, 2007 at 2:02 PM
I realise the title may sound like the known issues about not being to expose whilst debugging and not being able to expose whilst the host does not contain a Web.Config file, but I am not doing either of these things and VS competely crashes at the point in the recipe where I select which service I wish to expose (ie on the _SelectedIndexChanged event).

This was fine during production of around 7 services, but seemingly at random has stopped working now.

Any help very gratefully received.
Aug 7, 2007 at 2:57 PM
How are you trying to expose your service ?

Any screenies would certainly help :)
Aug 7, 2007 at 3:32 PM
Sorry, should have said how I'm exposing:

> Right-click 'Hosts' project > Service Factory (WCF) context menu > 'Expose Service'

I cant get you a screenie of this occurring unfortunately as VS closes immediately that I select the service I wish to expose from the dropdown list in the wizard...
Aug 7, 2007 at 3:43 PM

Carphill wrote:
Sorry, should have said how I'm exposing:
> Right-click 'Hosts' project > Service Factory (WCF) context menu > 'Expose Service'

Actually I was asking whether you are exposing your service as,

1) Basic Web Services
2) Advanced Web Services (Simplex or Duplex)

I am not sure whether Service Factory holds any error logs. But on the other hand, what you could try is to create the .svc and web.config manually and try hosting it IIS or create files accordingly and get confirmed that there is nothing wrong with the Service Implementation.
Aug 8, 2007 at 9:55 AM
I'm trying 'Advanced Web Services' (Simplex), but I've just tested and even if I select 'Basic Web Services', as soon as I select a different service to expose from the dropdown, the IDE crashes completely.

Whatever is causing this is on the _SelectedIndexChanged event of the dropdown.