Adding Service Object v3b87

Topics: General Discussion Forum
Jul 9, 2007 at 4:35 PM
I cannot seem to add a Service object from the toolbar to the design surface. I have my Service Contract and Message Contracts created and connected properly, but when I try to drag the Service object onto the design surface I get the not allowed symbol and cannot add it.

I'm working my way through the walk through, is there any scenarios that would disallow the addition of the Service Object?

Thanks,

Jeff
Jul 11, 2007 at 4:38 PM
Edited Jul 11, 2007 at 4:38 PM
There are no scenarios that disallow the addition of a Service Object. You cannot drop them onto another object, they can only be dragged on the design surface itself.

If you add a newservice contract model, does that allow creation of a service shape?

-Bob
Jul 11, 2007 at 8:55 PM
Hi Bob,

Thanks for the reply. I cannot drag a new service onto the design surface. I tried adding new service model however this did not solve the issue.

I can add a new service from the ServiceContract Explorer by right clicking on the Servie Contract Model and selecting Add New Service. So, for right now that is a work around.

Thanks,

Jeff
Jul 12, 2007 at 5:42 PM
Jeff,

Based on the fact that you can add vie the Explorer, it may be that the experimental hive is in a wacky state then. You can try resetting the experimental hive, rebuilding and re-registering the GP and see if you have the same problem.

-b