Announcing: The Repository Factory Project

Jul 5, 2007 at 5:35 AM
Edited Jul 6, 2007 at 4:16 PM
Hi folks. I'd like to announce a new project here on CodePlex that'll actually be very familiar to you. The Data Access Guidance Package has been very popular, but it was always somewhat out of scope for the Service Factory. After several requests from other projects to re-use the data access package, we've decided to split it out from the Service Factory and into it's own standalone project. And while we're at it, change the name so it's a little more distinctive. ;-)

The new CodePlex project, The Repository Factory currently has the source code for the package checked into source control. This is also a very exciting opportunity for us at p&p, because after we do a little more cleanup (and fix the more aggravating bugs/design flaws), we're going to turn the package over to the community to continue development in any way you see fit!

If you're interested, please head over to The Repository Factory and let us know what you think!

-Chris
Jul 6, 2007 at 10:48 AM
Edited Jul 6, 2007 at 11:00 AM
Nice project, Chris.

But your links are wrong;

The right one is this: The Repository Factory.

This is a good project in my eyes. Lets write some good guidance.

regards
Benny
Jul 6, 2007 at 4:15 PM
Doh!!

Turns out I apparently misspelled the project name when setting up the CodePlex site. Figures I'm able to spell it correctly everywhere else. Oh well, thanks for letting me know; I'll fix the post.

-Chris