Data Access Repository with transactions

Topics: General Discussion Forum
Jun 19, 2007 at 8:57 AM
Any comments? Seems like people have stopped thinkin' about transactions at all. I don't see any support of transactions in WSSF Data Access generated classes. Similarly, same goes with Membership API. You get to create a user and if you have to add some additional stuff linked with your user there isn't any way of doin' that in transaction. Have we started believing in a perfect world? or am I just being a pessimist?
Developer
Jun 19, 2007 at 2:57 PM
Naturally you may use transactions whenever your requirements dictates to do so. You can take a look at these couple of threads that discuss about transactions and WSSF.
Jun 20, 2007 at 8:01 AM
Thanks Charlyfriend, figured that out yesterday forgot to update the discussion. Anyway, thanks a lot for your reply.

But i think its not about requirements dictating you to do transactions. I believe any two data updates in a single business process(not long running) should be done in a transaction. or am I wrong in sayin' that?

Cheers,

A.

charlyfriend wrote:
Naturally you may use transactions whenever your requirements dictates to do so. You can take a look at these couple of threads that discuss about transactions and WSSF.