Add database schema name to end of namepsace in data access package

Jun 11, 2007 at 7:08 PM
Is it a simple change to add a database shema name to the namespace for the business entities and the data access classes? If so how would I go about this? I am somewhat new to GAX/GAT but I expect I would have to open the source code provided, make the change, and recompile. I suppose I would need to open the ASMX Guidance Package and add the Data Access Guidance Package to the solution and make a change to the Data Access Guidance Package. Does this sound correct?
Jun 13, 2007 at 3:47 PM
The Data Access Guidance Package will use the default namespace in the target assembly (BE, DAC, etc.) so if you simply change the default namespace in each project you should be done.
On the other hand, the full solution will imply opening the ASMX package and update the loginc inside the create solution wizard page so your new solution will have your custom BE/DAC namespace format.

If you want to go with the second alternative, then you should open the ASMX package source and locate the "ASMXSolutionPropertiesPage.cs" form.
There you will find the "textBoxNamespacePrefix_TextChanged" callback function and there you may update any namespace you want. After that, just rebuild and register the package and that's all.