WCF Service Factory on Orcas Beta 1

Topics: General Discussion Forum, July and December Releases Forum, Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
May 25, 2007 at 8:59 AM
Is there any chance for me to find service factory that works with Orcas B1. I installed GAT, but service factory installation failed ?
I am working on new project where I am trying to leverage benefits both from Orcas and Service Factory that I used in VS2005.

Thanks,
Indigo Cowboy
May 29, 2007 at 6:54 PM
As far as I know, there is no plan to get v2 updated for Orcas, but v3 will certainly will be Orcas ready in the following months. Other than that, I have no tips on how to adapt v2 for Orcas current beta.
So my only suggestion so far is to move the WCF custom package source code (and any other required source code) to your Orcas envoromnent and try building and registering the package and therefore you might eventually be able to fix any issues regarding the Orcas incompatibility.

Thanks,
Charly
Jun 4, 2007 at 12:29 AM
Unfortunately, GAX doesn't really work with Orcas, so the factories built on it will be Whidbey-only for at least the time being. We're currently planning our Orcas approach for GAX.
Jun 16, 2007 at 1:12 PM
Can you tell approximate date when ServiceFactory will be shipped for Orcas, my team is dependent both on ServiceFactory and Orcas?

Thanks,
Indigo Cowboy