Repository Classes created all not reading all the stored procedures created

Topics: General Discussion Forum, July and December Releases Forum, Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
May 18, 2007 at 4:33 PM
Edited May 18, 2007 at 4:48 PM
Hi,

This is very nice Guidance Package really apart from some minor issues. thank you

I have 2 tables in DB:

Communities
  • CommunityID (PK)
  • Name
  • CreatorID (FK)

Users
  • UserID (PK)
  • Name

The stored procedures created for Communites are 6 as following:
  • DeleteCommunities
  • GetAllFromCommunities
  • GetCommunitiesByCommunityID
  • GetCommunitiesByCreatorID
  • InsertCommunities
  • UpdateCommunities

But the repository classes are not created for the primary key one, nor for the foreign key ones:

• GetCommunitiesByCommunityID
  • GetCommunitiesByCreatorID

It seems to be a bug, isn't it?

I added them manually using "Create data repository classes from business entities" wizard / Add.../Get One...

Regards
Developer
May 18, 2007 at 10:53 PM
As you pointed out, at first glance this seem to be a bug. I will keep an eye on this and let you know if I found the cause.
Nevertheless the good news is that you could use the "Create data repository..." recipe to workarround this.

Thanks,
Charly
May 18, 2007 at 11:30 PM
If you are using a new db user/role to access the database other than sa, you may want to check the if that user has permission to access the sp's. Just a thought...Good luck.
May 18, 2007 at 11:41 PM
Dynamic,

are you using schemas in SQL 2005 or are all these tables under the DBO standard schema? If you using user defined schemas then this is known issue, see the Work Item # 410 and vote.
If these are under the DBO schema then which are these PK field types?

Regards,
Alexander
May 18, 2007 at 11:55 PM
Dynamic,
If these are under the DBO standard schema and you using GUID then I think you will have this problem. If you change the type to BIGINT or INT then you don’t have this problem if I recall it correctly.

I believe I got this issue/error previously but I forgot to file a work item for it. If you have a time/feel to verify, please file a work item for it.

Regards,
Alexander
May 19, 2007 at 7:49 PM
Edited May 19, 2007 at 7:49 PM
Kryptonkal, AlexanderQX,

Thanks, it's using the default user of "sa", and default schema of "dbo", also I have not defined any user defined schema or user, so permission doesn't seem to be the issue.

The PK & FK field types are "int" already, not "GUID".

You seem to use Team Foundation Server (filing a work item)? ;)

Regards
Dynamic

May 23, 2007 at 11:41 AM
create a new work item...

Regards,
Alexander
May 24, 2007 at 1:24 PM
Edited May 24, 2007 at 1:25 PM
How?
Where?

Regards
Pooya
Developer
May 24, 2007 at 3:45 PM
Just go to Issue Tracker and click on "Create a new Item".
Then you can post this issue.

Thanks,
Charly